Tuesday 10 May 2011

Keeping it simple in Sydney


I'm house-sitting for friends of friends in one of the best cities in the world and I haven't left the house in three days. I set no alarm. I rise when I'm ready. I eat in silence. I sit and watch the sun dance across the pool. I go for a swim, a very short, very cold swim. I take a hot shower. I daydream. I play loud music. I dance 'cos nobody sees me. I sing out loud 'cos nobody hears me. I shout at the travel agent. I rest. I catch up on emails. I light the fire. I cook good food. I drink red wine. I read. I write. I recharge. I sort stuff out. I remember my own wee house, my home. I wonder where my next home will be. I think about the people important to me. I smile. I enjoy this little corner of heaven.

1 comment:

  1. How long you there for?
    Be lovely to chat?
    Looks like you lucked out - bit like I did in Byron Bay, Awesome eh!
    Luce x

    ReplyDelete