Thursday 31 March 2011

Steady as she goes

I was beginning to wonder if the rainwater here was actually a secret fountain of youth, but I suspect the youthfulness of the Pappinbarra and Wauchope inhabitants has more to do with the low-stress lifestyle and the pace that life rolls on at here. Maybe the weather acts as a universal pace-maker with everyone falling into a metronomic rythm radiated by the  sun. 

I learned the importance of pacing oneself while shovelling gravel in 34 degrees. A slow, steady pace until it gets too hot, then full stop until it cools down. I'm wondering if I had learned this lesson years ago would I stopped before satisfaction was pipped at the post by exhaustion or excess on so many occasions.

Maybe I should pin this photo to the wall as a reminder for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment